Help Center

Do I need to obtain a U.S. Tax Identification Number?

If you are a Non-U.S. individual, you may  submit your application to the IRS and obtain an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).

Furthermore, if your country of residence has a tax treaty with the U.S., you may be eligible to a reduced withholding rate. In order to claim tax treaty benefits, you will need to have a U.S. tax identification number. If you have a tax number from your own country (i.e. a “foreign tax identification number”), you may enter that number on applicable Form W-8 where specified. If you are a Non-U.S. Corporation, you may apply for a U.S. Employer Identification Number (EIN) by completing Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number. We highly recommend consulting with a tax professional for assistance. You may also find relevant information by visiting

Was this article helpful?